ANAHEIM — Kick things off at the National Association of Music Merchants Convention with a Block Party, starting at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 22. The convention runs from Jan. 23-26 in Anaheim. The night features live music from Bernie Williams and Gil Parris, plus networking, food trucks and a beer garden at the NAMM GoPro Stage on the Grand Plaza, just in front of the Anaheim Convention Center.
Some of the festivities include:
Retail Boot Camp is a full-day, idea-packed intensive marketing session that takes place the day before the show at the Anaheim Hilton, California Ballrooms A-B, second floor
- NAMM U Breakfast Sessions discuss the industry’s current topics and how to best grow your business—with live music and a warm meal to get you going, at the Anaheim Hilton, Pacific Ballrooms, second floor
- The NAMM U Idea Center Sessions provide tips for proven promotions, techniques and strategies from industry experts, on the show floor, Hall B, Booth 5501
- The H.O.T. (Hands-On Training) Zone Sessions provides live educational sessions and innovative ideas for professionals in the pro audio, entertainment technologies, music business operations, recording, live sound, DJ, house of worship, commercial systems contractors/integrators, and stage and lighting industries
- The Generation Next Sessions help music business students make the most of their NAMM Show experience and prepare for their future career
- The Music Education Days Sessions provide inspiration and information for music education professionals
We are also looking forward to meeting with The Musicians Institute which will present news about the college’s latest educational programs, go to www.MI.edu
Go to www.namm.org for more information on the convention.